Stream live from your mobile phone
From Livestream » User Guide
Set up your Qik phone
You can stream live from your mobile phone. Everything you record can be immediately transmitted to your Mogulus channel without the need to login to your studio.
Set up your Qik phone in four easy steps:
1. First, you will need a Qik compatible phone. Click here  for the list of phones currently supported by Qik (if your phone isn't listed check back as they continue to add support for new devices).
2. Next, make sure that you have a 3G data plan. Mobile phone streaming does work using Edge/GPRS, but is of lower quality and less reliable.
3. You then need to get a Qik invite so that you can install the Qik software.
If you have a Nokia Symbian OS phone you can sign up for an invitation through the Qik website , for an invitation using a windows mobile phone send us an e-mail at email@example.com  with the subject “Qik invite” and your mobile phone number and device type and we will make sure you receive an invite (SMS link).
4. Once you are set up with your phone and Qik account, you will have to log in to the Qik.com website and select “Edit Profile”.
Click on "Networks", and then next to Mogulus "edit your account." You will be able to fill in fields about your Mogulus channel, username and password.
5. Everything is recorded on Qik.com - If you select "Auto go-live", it will stream directly into the channel, and record everything on both Mogulus.com and Qik.com. - If you do not select "Auto go-live" and you want to record your broadcast, you will have to press "record" before you cue the Qik camera.
That’s it - you can now go live on your Mogulus channel from your Qik enabled phone.
The Qik application allows you to see the online chat in realtime, making it a truly interactive experience.
By bringing Mogulus and Qik together, you can enable multiple presenters/producers anywhere in the world to contribute live in a single continuous internet television channel. Just like a real TV station, but without the 300,000US$+ broadcast trucks and staff.
The first demonstration of this capability was done for the US Election coverage by the Mogulus channel The Uptake (http://www.mogulus.com/theuptake) and Steve Garfield (http://www.mogulus.com/stevegarfield).
Stream from External Encoders
You can use external encoders such as PROCASTER or Flash Media Encoder and On2 Flix Live to send live streams to your Mogulus channel.
These encoders provide the following benefits when compared to using the Mogulus Studio encoder:
- Increased frame rate
- Higher quality (newer codecs)
- Full control of encoding settings
- Procaster supports screen capture and Mogulus chat and twitter without using a browser
Setting up PROCASTER With Mogulus
Mogulus recently launched PROCASTER, a free software download available at www.procaster.com allowing digital media creators and producers to create live streaming video content with incredible ease and unprecedented production value.
With PROCASTER, producers can now stream video content in true-to-life high definition from their desktop or laptop computers to any Internet-connected web browser (no download is needed for the viewers).
1. Download it free from Procaster.com: 
2. Enter your Mogulus username and password
3. Press "Go Live"
Setting up Flash Media Encoder with Mogulus
1. Download Flash Media Encoder from Adobe's website
2. Open the application.
3. Configure 'FMS URL':
- rtmp://fme.mogulus.com/mogulus/[channel_name_here]/username=[your_username] /password=[your_password]/isAutoLive=[true|false]
- Replace (remove the brackets):
[channel_name_here] with your channel name [your_username] with your username [your_password] with your password
NOTE: your password may not contain special characters. Only letters and numbers are allowed.
- Set isAutoLive=true if you want the feed to go live on your channel immediately or isAutoLive=false if you simply want the feed to appear as a camera in your Mogulus studio and manually control when you cue it and go live from the studio.
- Configure 'Stream' : Pick any name without a space or special character. If you are sending multiple feeds to your camera make sure you name them differently.
4. Press Start
That's it - you are now streaming live on your Mogulus Channel!
Setting up On2 Flix Live
1. First download On2 Flix Live (demo or full version from ([http://www.on2.com/index.php?391])
2. Open the application.
3. Configure 'Send to Server':
4. Replace (remove the brackets) : [channel_name_here] with your channel name [your_username] with your username [your_password] with your password
5. Set isAutoLive=true if you want the feed to go live on your channel immediatly or isAutoLive=false if you simply want the feed to appear as a camera in your Mogulus studio and manually control when you cue it and go live from the studio.
6. Configure 'Stream' : Pick any name without space or special character. If you are sending multiple feeds to your camera make sure you name them differently.
7. Press Start
That's it - you are now streaming live on your Mogulus Channel !